left and no longer holding back

gamer. RN. not your typical cutie-patutie girl. alternative music fan. no nonsense. giggler. mango juice addict. beach lover.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

I am a regular church goer but sometimes I can't help but question the priest's homily sometimes. Last Sunday I attended 6am mass and the priest who gave out the homily was a visitng priest. He said "...the reason why there are rich and poor people is because the rich should give to the poor so that everyone would be equal..." Then he was talking about giving money to help the poor etc.

I honestly contest this statement because for me, people who are poor are either 1) poor because they are just plain lazy or 2) poor because they are not doing anything to improve their life

What if you keep on giving money but the person you are giving money to becomes a parasite? I find it quite unfair that people who have something are required to give. You just dont give away hard earned money. I remember the saying " Don't give the man a fish, but teach him how to fish"

Just my two cents.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

arent you going to update your goddamn blog? sheesh

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home